Healthcare volunteers can be the first faces a patient or family member sees when they arrive at the hospital, and their smiles provide welcome reassurance when it is needed the most.
在斯帕坦堡地区, 我们的志愿者是个人, 18岁及以上, 谁为我们的员工提供了宝贵的帮助, 病人和访客. Every facility has many areas that depend on volunteer assistance including flower delivery, 礼品店, 问候客人和朋友, 更.
和我们一起做志愿者, we respectfully ask that you devote an average of four hours a week or at least 75 hours a year. All volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be at least 18 years of age.
要开始，请填写我们的 在线申请. 当你的申请被收到, we will complete a State Law Enforcement Division criminal background check and share information with you about onboarding requirements that must be completed before beginning as a volunteer. The onboarding process typically takes about one month. We want you to feel fully prepared for your exciting new role.
在我们的校园, volunteers bring carts filled with supplies around for patients to take what they need. 我们持续需要下列物资:
Community members who want to help but cannot commit to in-person volunteering can participate in our 志愿外带 program.
SRHS does not currently allow community groups or single "days of service" inside our facilities. 然而, 志愿者ing to Go is for groups and individuals who want to contribute by donating items to Spartanburg Regional through individual contributions or group service projects.
Suggested donation items include (items must be new):
- Non-slip slide-type sandals or slippers (men's 10-12 and women's 7-10 are the most common sizes)
- Sweatshirts and sweatpants for patients who have nothing to wear when discharged home
- Chemo care kits (assembled kits in basket or bag containing lip balm, 无香味的乳液, 软帽, 含片, 姜糖, 谜题的书, 头发的关系, 模糊的袜子)
- Antepartum care kits (assembled kits in baskets or bags containing lip balm, 布发带, 旅行洗漱用品, 谜题的书, 头发的关系, 模糊的袜子)
- Unexpected stay care kits (assembled kits in basket or bag containing 旅行洗漱用品, 牙刷/粘贴, 袜子, 除臭, 肥皂, 洗发水)
- Handmade port pillows (pattern available at createtodonate.org)
- Books – Spanish/Russian/English language 谜题的书s, fiction & 非小说类书籍，儿童书籍
Your kind words can lift patients’ and associates’ spirits. 信, 手绘图片, posters or cards can be donated to the volunteer services department at any of our six locations.
We are extremely grateful for the donations we receive. SRHS serves a diverse population across multiple counties in the Upstate, and the support our patients receive from our community is invaluable.
The volunteer Pet Therapy program at SRHS began in 2012 and consists of specially trained and certified dogs that visit patients during their hospital stay.
The certified pet therapy dogs offer patients a soothing presence and provide a sense of companionship. Along with feeling less alone during a hospital visit, pet therapy can help patients and their families cope with worry and stress, because it’s hard not to smile when you see a happy face and a wagging tail!
SRHS已纳入宠物治疗, 也被称为动物辅助疗法, 进入他们的几个设施, 包括斯帕坦堡医疗中心, 斯帕坦堡医疗中心-玛丽布莱克校区, 佩勒姆医疗中心, 切罗基医疗中心和临终关怀之家.
A patient’s medical provider must approve pet therapy visits, and the dogs are only allowed in specific areas of the hospital.
If you would like a pet therapy volunteer to visit you, 或者你认识的人, 住院期间, ask a nurse or care provider to contact volunteer services.
All dogs that participate in SRHS pet therapy must complete a training and certification course that is sanctioned by an AKA-recognized pet therapy certification organization before they can apply to participate in the program.
SRHS completes a background check on each dog owner/handler, and they must submit their dog’s updated paperwork and immunization records to the hospital each year.
- 佩勒姆医疗中心的翠格店打八折 & Vine Gift Shop and 斯帕坦堡医疗中心’s Corner 101 Gift Shop
- Opportunity to develop a lifelong association with hospital associates and other volunteers